Urology Community
Bladder Pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Bladder Pressure

Hi there,

I have the following symptoms:

- pressure in the bladder area (where it feels like I have to pee or something is pressing against it constantly).  my bladder actually feels swollen.
- it also feels a little swollen down there (where I pee).  

Within the last year, I have had 2 surgeries to remove cysts from my ovaries. (Endomitriosis).  The first surgery, I had a cyst that was 7 cm on my left ovary. The second surgery, I had a cyst on both ovaries - left was 6 cm and lright was 3 cm.  I've also had frequent UTIs and am usually on Cipro.

I have gone to my OB-GYN and my adult medicine doctor to figure out what the hell is wrong with me.  My last urine sample was clean and she checked for everything.  She now is referring me to see a urologist.  I do have cysts..again...on both ovaries. They are about 3 cm each.  But because they are fairly small,she recommends that we not remove them because I may develop more scarring. I don't know if that's causing me to have this pressure in my bladder?  I asked her about adhesions  and she mentioned that it could be possible that that could cause the discomort as well.  

Can anyone provide me with more information?  What exactly is wrong with me?  If the cysts are the root of my problem, would you advise me to remove them again? I am 37 and don't have any children.  I've been trying to get pregnant but been having issues with it.  

I would really appreciate any feedback.  This discomfort has been going on for quite some time off and on.  But the last 3 weeks, it has been constant and I can't handle it. It's really taking a toll on me.