Urology Community
Bladder Prolapse (cystocele) and surgery to correct
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bladder Prolapse (cystocele) and surgery to correct

I was diagnosed by the Urologist I see with, pelvic organ prolapse; bladder prolapse (cystocele) and urethral prolapse (urethrocele) and rectal prolapse (rectocele). He said my GYN will make surgery decisions with me. If she requests him he will assist with the bladder repair.

He described a sling procedure I would have to have for bladder repair. I was told my bladder comes past pelvic bone when in stress, (coughing, sneezing). He said there are no other options due to the severity.

Has anyone had this surgery before or have any information regarding it? I am aprehensive, but know I will have to follow through because of the discomfort and pain I am experiencing. I see my GYN in a week. Would anyone know what type of questions I need to or should ask my GYN regarding surgery?

I am also experiencing severe Gastroparesis and was wondering if the pelvic prolapse has anything to do with this...