Bladder Prolapse (cystocele) and surgery to correct
I was diagnosed by the Urologist I see with, pelvic organ prolapse; bladder prolapse (cystocele) and urethral prolapse (urethrocele) and rectal prolapse (rectocele). He said my GYN will make surgery decisions with me. If she requests him he will assist with the bladder repair.

He described a sling procedure I would have to have for bladder repair. I was told my bladder comes past pelvic bone when in stress, (coughing, sneezing). He said there are no other options due to the severity.

Has anyone had this surgery before or have any information regarding it? I am aprehensive, but know I will have to follow through because of the discomfort and pain I am experiencing. I see my GYN in a week. Would anyone know what type of questions I need to or should ask my GYN regarding surgery?

I am also experiencing severe Gastroparesis and was wondering if the pelvic prolapse has anything to do with this...
I had this surgery August 11, 2009.  I'm 6 weeks post surgery now and doing well.  I'm still not allowed to lift more than 5# (till the end of the year) but I no longer have the pain I had for a few weeks following surgery.  I'm 67 years old so depending on age you may recover sooner.  My bladder was actually pushing into my vagina and showing....very uncomfortable!  As I said I'm doing better but the doctor said my jumping days are over...no more hopscotch with the grandkids.  I have two slings and so far they seem to be doing the job.