Urology Community
Bladder Sling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Bladder Sling

I am 57 year old female, 5'2" 112 lbs. I had the bladder sling surgery in 2007. In July 2010 the mesh was coming thru the vaginal wall so I had surgery for the part that was thru removed and repaired. In the summer of 2011 I began having frequent UTI's. My doctor referred me to Urologist and with a cystoscopy test the diaginosed there was a suture with a stone the size of a match head on the interior wall of the bladder and recommended a simple surgical procedure to remove the stone and clip the suture. I had the procedure in Dec 2011 and it was not so simple. What he thought to be a stone fell apart and what he thought to be a suture was actually the mesh coming thru the bladder wall. Not entirely sure if he improved it or made it worse but only time will tell. He said " If you are lucky it will heal over. If not you will need to be referred to a specialist in Indy." Any information, suggestions or words of wisdom you could give me would be greatly appreciated. As a footnote, Urologist 1,2 and 3 for my procedures are all different as the first and second both moved out of state.