Urology Expert Forum
Bladder Tack Surgery

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Bladder Tack Surgery
Posted By Tami Fields on June 30, 1999 at 11:11:20
I am a 35 year old female.I started having bladder leakage after having my first child. It got worse after my second child in 1996. I had a bladder tack in 1997. It worked for about 6 months. Then I started leaking again. I returned to my urologiest and went through several test and it was suggested I have another bladder tack but it would be more complicated than the first. I told my urologist that I wanted him to do whatever it took because I did not want to go through this surgery again.
I had heard of the sling procedure and I had discussed this with my urologist but he didn't think I should have this procedure. I did have another bladder tack in the spring of 1998. It worked for 7 months.I am now leaking again. When I cough, sneeze, talk loud, walk for a long distance and have sex with my husband I leak.  I am now in a dilemma about what I should do next? I am
very active and I do not want to live with leaking and wearing pads. I am also
wanting a second opinion. Do you have any ideas? Do you know of a urologist in the Greenville, South Carolina area I could let see my medical files?

Follow Ups:

Re: Bladder Tack Surgery HFHS M.D.-AK 6/30/1999
(0)