Bladder ache? What could be the problem?
Hello. Recently I have been having a weird sensation around my bladder area. As though I'm having a stomach ache but around my bladder area. I don't know if it's related to herpes or not. But every night I drink about 2 litres of water the last few hours before I sleep. I do go to the toilet to urinate before I sleep but I will often wake up with a very full bladder. Could this be the cause of this? What problems can arise from waking up with such a full bladder and am I in trouble with the bladder problem? The sensation goes away after a while.

Thank you very much
It can be due to interstitial cystitis. It mostly effects women and is characterised by pain or uncomfortable sensation associated with urination (dysuria), urinary frequency, urgency, and pressure in the bladder and/or pelvis. The exact cause is not known but suggested but unproven factors that may contribute to interstitial cystitis include an autoimmune reaction, heredity, infection or allergy. You need to get a urologic examination, pelvic examination, complete urine examination and if need arises cystoscopy done.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.