Urology Community
Bladder cyst surgery & prostate surgery performed together

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

This discussion is related to bladder cysts.

My father has a history of cardiac arithmia; kidney atrophy; coronary artery disease and underwent a removal of an anurisym  located just above his right kidney -surgery very effective!  However approximatley one year following this surgery; his urologist; who by the way is very cold and unforgiving; indicated my father required prostate surgery along with bladder surgery for a cyst.  This was supposed to be a same-day procedure, but due to his health, the doc said 2-3 days. Well it's been almost 2 weeks. He has now lost complete function of the R Kidney and has only 35% function to the left; Furthermore, he is lovingly equipped with a cath drain bag leading from the surg site of the bladder which consequently leaks constantantly, and he needs to be changed frequently (embarrasing for him). Finally his cath inserted in the uretha also seems to leak. The nurse said the doctor does not seemed too concerend.  Most importantly my father is excessively week, is extremely pale, and went from walking two weeks ago, to respiratory problems, excessive fatigue, no appetite whatsoever, and is unable to walk w/o assistance!  I truly feel something went wrong, and that the doctor is avoiding our questions, even though auth'd by my father.  My father is now in PCU for a supposed one week for rehabiliation???  What is going on. Is this normal, or have u ever heard of such a "harsh" recovery; or should I say "decline" in health from routine surgery?  What do u recommended or can u recommend so that I may obtain appropriate care for him.  Is there anyone else with a similar history?  Please help me understand this.  My sister, brother and I are all very concerned.  He seems to be rapidly declining, not improving. Granted Kidney failure is attributable, but how did this happen overnight? After...........the "routine" surgical procedure???
Tags: prostate