Urology Community
Bladder neck incision / TUIP
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bladder neck incision / TUIP

Having had problems passing water for several months coupled with a dull aching / bruised pain in my backside and upper thighs I underwent a BNI 7 days ago following advice from my urologist.

The op went well and my stream is now a lot stronger than before.

However I am still having the same bruised pains in my buttocks, thighs and pubic area as before and am concerned the op was not sucessful.

I have been told there is a 2 week recovery period for the op which appears short to me.

Has anyone had a BNI or TUIP who can advise on the recovery period / process or anyone who can advise on whether my symtoms (symptoms) will disappear over time

Thanks

Steve
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hey Steve!

There may be slight pain/ discomfort following surgery due to associated inflammation. This is likely to subside in the following weeks. You may like to discuss the expected prognosis in detail with your treating urologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949