Bladder sling gone wrong?
I had a bladder sling done on 03/12/2010, but to my dismay it didn't take & I had to have a second surgery on 04/30/2010.  My problem is that when I have attempted sexual intercourse with my husband it is paiful for both of us.  The fact is that it has actually cut my husband (poor guy).  We thought it was due to stitches or something not healing, so we waited a couple of more weeks, now it is worse.  I am scheduled to see the doctor today, but I know that I am going to have to endure another surgery.  Like one of the other patients that posted a question, I am all out of sick days.  This does mean that the sling is protruding through the vaginal wall, doesn't it?  Thanks for your input.  How much recovery time this time?
Wow! I cannot believe you had intimacy with your husband so soon. My doctor told me to stay flat for the first 2 weeks-only up for the bathroom. She told my husband not to let me  pick up a gallon of milk for 8 weeks min. She also suggested to wait for 6 plus weeks for intimacy. This is a major surgery. If you take care and not stand for long periods of time and do not drive for 6 weeks weeks recovery will work out. She also told me no exercise for 4 months. I do not want another surgery-so i am 5 weeks post opt and resting well. Hope you can do the same.