Urology Community
Bladder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Bladder

Been having dark red bloody urine and have been on antibiodics
This may be due to presence of blood in urine.Presence of blood inurine is called hematuria.Causes include lesions of the urinary tract, contamination during menstruation, disease of the prostate, trauma, tumours, malaria or stones in the urinary tract. When the blood in the urine is at the beginning of urination, it most likely comes from the urethra, (the tube from the bladder to the outside). Blood throughout urination is most likely from the bladder or kidneys or ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder).

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen. I feel that without clinical examination,pinpointing a diagnosis is tough. Please consult a urologist for confirming the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.