Urology Community
Bleach in the Bladder
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleach in the Bladder

I am a spinal cord injury patient with a neurogenic bladder relying on self catheterization to void my bladder. In the hospital I was taught to wash my catheters in a bleach and water. I added to much bleach once and introduced some into my bladder. This caused a series of health problems. I was ill for many months and still feel some effects today. It has been about a year since I recovered. I believe that some of the bleach reached my kidneys as well causing some irritation and a minumal amount of function loss. The problem I am having now is that I feel pain in the bladder. My mind blocks it out most of the time however I think it is causing some physiological stress even when I dont feel it. I believe I have a chemical burn inside the bladder. I dont know what tests would diagnose this or what treatments would be benifitial. I think that the urine in the bladder and possibly the expanding contracting action is preventing the healing of these burns.