Urology Community
Bleeding after biopsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Bleeding after biopsy

I had a kidney biopsy done a few days ago. The bleeding is pretty heavy and I am waiting to hear back from the Dr. right now. I am wondering how this may be treated. I am told maybe blood transfusion. But will that make it stop or just replace what has been lost?
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Do you still have bleeding? What other symptoms are present? While bleeding is one complication of a biopsy, it is important that you inform your doctor especially if it is persistent. Medications may be prescribed and transfusion may depend on the bleeding severity. Additional diagnostic tests may also need to be done. Take care and hope all is well. Do keep us posted and best regards. .