Urology Community
Bleeding after urination
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding after urination

Hi

About 6 months ago i felt a little pain during urination, and then spotted blood for about 24 hours after that (it stopped on its own).

The blood didnt seem to be in the actual urine stream itself... id see some when the stream ended, and see some when not urinating, enough to stain underwear.

I went to the docs, who did some bloods (which came back ok) and sent me off for a cytoscopy...
they said there was a slight narrowing of the tube but nothing to worry about.

My doc said this can happen occasionally, may be damage to uretha etc.

Scroll forward to today, again a slightly painful urination- and now im bleeding as before.

Does anyone know what this is likely to be?

I should mention, im utterly addicted to nicorette gum/lozenges... these do frequently upset my tum
and i wondered if they could be irritating liver or kidney or prostate etc..im certainly going to
try coming off them.

Thanks,