Urology Community
Bleeding from penis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding from penis

58 y/o male started to bleed from penis (not blood in urine) while having a bowel movement.  Bled enough to soak through my underwear and pants.  The next urination was while standing and a few blood clots came out and then everything was fine.  This happened twice within one week and I went to see a Urologist (while I was actively bleeding).  He did
Cat scans of the kidneys and a cystoscope and found no signs of cancer.  He did say however that the entire length of my eurethra were 'scarred' which only happens with Gonorrhea.

I was exposed to Gonorrhea 35 years ago and had a shot but never developed symptoms.  Could there be any other cause for the scarring?

I live in the tropics and have problems with fungal skin infections and sores at the corners of my mouth sometimes as well as rashes in moist areas.  Could it be a fungal infection?

I have rhuematoid arthritis and have had several bladder infections over the years while taking long term prednisone.