Urology Expert Forum
Blood Discharged From Penis After Sexual Intercourse
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood Discharged From Penis After Sexual Intercourse

Re - Blood evident after sexual intercourse
  I would be very grateful if you could help me with a small problem I experienced recently.
  I am a 37yr old male 6'2' 190lbs reasonable health and diet.
  After making love recently (first time for a while) I felt a small pain in what felt like the shaft of my penis.  I thought nothing more of it, but on waking up in the morning, there was a large discharge of blood from inside my penis (approx 15-20ml), and more evident upon urinating.  I drank a lot of water (3Litres) for the next day or two and a very small ammount of blood, what looked like a tiny clot, was evident on each urination.
  This is now the third day, There is no pain in the scrotum area no major pain in the penis but still V'small amounts of blood in each urination.  Have abstained from sex for the moment.
  Do you think it needs to be checked, or is likely to be just a small blood vessel bursting due to blood pressure, and nothing really to worry about?  Are bursting blood vessels normal or at least common?
  Many thanks - MARTIN