Urology Community
Blood During Urination
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood During Urination

A few nights ago I woke from sleeping with a great urge to urinate. I woke with a full erection. I tried to wait until I lost my erection, however, the urge to urinate was too much. I tried to urinate with my erection. A second after the stream started I stopped uncontrollably. I had a strange sensation near the base of my penis, not painful or uncomfortable. Suddenly, the stream started again but bright-red blood came out. Obviously, I became quite alarmed and stopped peeing. A few seconds later I started again. This time I could tell there was blood but it wasn't as bad. I finished peeing. About an hour later I felt the urge to urinate. This time there was no blood. I went to my family doctor. They checked for blood in my urine and it came back negative. They also screened me for STD's which all came back negative. I have been referred to a urologist but my appointment is not until the end of June. I do not have any history of urology problems. Could this have been a stone with no pain? Could I have damaged my urethra by attempting to pee with a full erection (by bending it and the pressure of the pee)? My family doctor was puzzled but didn't seem too concerned after all the tests. Any thoughts?