Urology Community
Blood and protein in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Blood and protein in urine

Over the last few weeks I have notice a light amount of blood in my urine. Well today it was a dark ice tea color. I went to the urgent care and they confirmed there was a large amount of blood and protein in my urine. The doctor sent me on my way with a RX for Cipro and sent my urine off to the lab. She said I would have my results in 3-4 days. My problem is I am breastfeeding my 3.5 month old daughter so now have to pump and dump. I read somewhere that this is more of a sign of a filtration problem vs an infection. Is that correct? Do I really need to be on Cipro? I also had hydronephrosis with both of my pregnancies and have interstitial cystitis. Thanks.