Urology Community
Blood clots in Ejacualtion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood clots in Ejacualtion

I am a 35 year old male who has noticed bright red blood in my ejaculate.  Once I got over the shock of the blood, I urinated and passed multiple blood clots.  Went to Urologist, and he performed a prostate exam (it was normal), PSA test and physical exam of testicles.  No abnormalities detected.  I have had this issue since I was 21.  It comes and goes, sometimes several months in between episodes.  I was told my by Urologist that this is a normal condition, and experienced by many men my age.  Does anyone have experience concerning this?

Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Blood in ejaculate is never normal and the cause has to be found out. The presence of blood in the semen (ejaculate) is also called hematospermia. Blood in semen can be caused by many conditions affecting the male genitourinary system. These include infections ; inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis), epididymis (epididymitis), or urethra (urethritis) ; calculi (stones )in the seminal vesicles or prostate ; polyps in the urethra ; ejaculation-duct obstructions ; cysts, hemorrhage, or other abnormalities in the seminal vesicles or benign or malignant tumors.

Diagnosed by physical examination and investigations like urinalysis, semen analysis and ultrasound and MRI. Treatment will depend on the diagnosis. So please consult a urologist and get yourself evaluated.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank