Urology Community
Blood in Semen
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in Semen

To give the full background... I am 23 years old and I currently drink about 3-6 drinks a night. Due to an early morning job, I began taking 20mg adderall (adderrall) twice a day to stay awake. The first time I tried to masturbate on Adderall (adderrall), I noticed a small trace of red in the semen. Completely freaked me out. Did research and from what I found out besides prostate issues it may be an STD. I have no symptoms, rash, anything unusual, no pain. This only happened once since it was a Friday and I do not do Adderall (adderrall) over the weekend. Everything went back to normal, until Monday I finished the Adderall (adderrall) I had and it happened again, I know the obvious answer is stop taking the Adderall (adderrall), but can Adderall (adderrall) even have this side effect and cause this to happen? I do not have health insurance and going to a Doctor is more of a life or death situation so any information will be helpful!
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Blood in semen is called hematospermia. It can occur due to many conditions such as infections, swellings (inflammations), cysts, stones & other obstructive lesions, and benign or non-benign tumors of the organs of the genitourinary system (involving the bladder, urethra, the testicles, the seminal vesicles, the epididymis, the prostate gland etc). Investigations include blood tests, routine & culture tests of urine & semen, ultrasound & MRI scans of genitourinary system, and histopathological tests (FNAC, biopsy etc). So, I suggest you to consult a General Surgeon for a thorough medical check-up and appropriate tests as you might need treatment (medicines and/or surgical intervention) for management of your condition.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...