Urology Community
Blood in Semen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Blood in Semen

To give the full background... I am 23 years old and I currently drink about 3-6 drinks a night. Due to an early morning job, I began taking 20mg adderall (adderrall) twice a day to stay awake. The first time I tried to masturbate on Adderall (adderrall), I noticed a small trace of red in the semen. Completely freaked me out. Did research and from what I found out besides prostate issues it may be an STD. I have no symptoms, rash, anything unusual, no pain. This only happened once since it was a Friday and I do not do Adderall (adderrall) over the weekend. Everything went back to normal, until Monday I finished the Adderall (adderrall) I had and it happened again, I know the obvious answer is stop taking the Adderall (adderrall), but can Adderall (adderrall) even have this side effect and cause this to happen? I do not have health insurance and going to a Doctor is more of a life or death situation so any information will be helpful!
Blood in semen is called hematospermia. It can occur due to many conditions such as infections, swellings (inflammations), cysts, stones & other obstructive lesions, and benign or non-benign tumors of the organs of the genitourinary system (involving the bladder, urethra, the testicles, the seminal vesicles, the epididymis, the prostate gland etc). Investigations include blood tests, routine & culture tests of urine & semen, ultrasound & MRI scans of genitourinary system, and histopathological tests (FNAC, biopsy etc). So, I suggest you to consult a General Surgeon for a thorough medical check-up and appropriate tests as you might need treatment (medicines and/or surgical intervention) for management of your condition.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.