Urology Community
Blood in Urine after Intercourse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Blood in Urine after Intercourse

I have been dealing with a bladder infection for almost two months. I am just finishing the third bottle of bactrim and a zpack in between. About four weeks ago after having sex I urinated what looked like pure old blood. Going to the restroom every time after, my urine was clear. I went to the doctor, they did a urinalysis and no blood showed. They did a pelvic exam and everything came back normal. The doc put me on Zpack. After sex again that same week it happened again and about three days later I started feeling the pain of yet another bladder infection. I took all of the zpack and got a refill of bactrim. I have taken the last and have not had this problem since about three weeks ago until last night when it happened again. Having bladder infections I know to empty my bladder right after sex to help prevent bacteria from staying in the urethra and it looked like old dark blood again. I did a little "test" by inserting a light day tampon and then retrieving it to see if the blood was from my vagina and there was no trace. I am a little shaken and confused. My doctor's appointment is some time away and I would greatly appreciate some input. Thank you