Urology Community
Blood in Urine after Intercourse
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in Urine after Intercourse

I have been dealing with a bladder infection for almost two months. I am just finishing the third bottle of bactrim and a zpack in between. About four weeks ago after having sex I urinated what looked like pure old blood. Going to the restroom every time after, my urine was clear. I went to the doctor, they did a urinalysis and no blood showed. They did a pelvic exam and everything came back normal. The doc put me on Zpack. After sex again that same week it happened again and about three days later I started feeling the pain of yet another bladder infection. I took all of the zpack and got a refill of bactrim. I have taken the last and have not had this problem since about three weeks ago until last night when it happened again. Having bladder infections I know to empty my bladder right after sex to help prevent bacteria from staying in the urethra and it looked like old dark blood again. I did a little "test" by inserting a light day tampon and then retrieving it to see if the blood was from my vagina and there was no trace. I am a little shaken and confused. My doctor's appointment is some time away and I would greatly appreciate some input. Thank you