Blood in Urine
My doctor did a routine urine test and told me the test showed blood in my urine, she took another test and it showed the same. I do not see any blood in my urine. I do however have to urinate a lot and if I do not go right away, I get very uncomfortable and can barely hold it. She has me on Amoxicillin for 10 days. If she had not done the test, I would not have known, because I still do not see any blood in my urine. I know I have an infection, but not  what has caused this. Should I be concerned?
Hematuria or blod in the urine can be microscopic or gross.  In microscopic hematuria, the urine appears normal to the naked eye, but examination with a microscope shows a high number of red blood cells. On the other hand, gross hematuria can be seen with the naked eye. Several conditions can cause hematuria such as exercise or problem in your kidneys or other parts of the urinary tract- infection, inflammation, injury and even kidney stones. Continue with your medication and drink plenty of fluids. Infections can be treated with antibiotics so there is no need to worry.

Take care and do keep us posted.
hi,

i did an urine examination a week ago, and it showed dipstick of 2+ ery. i have always been fit and healthy.normal vital signs, after a week i went there again after drinking loads of water and antibiotic too.. and it still the same. i am jus worried if there is actually something wrong. how can i remove this ery from my urine. pl i need help. thanks