Urology Expert Forum
Blood in Urine
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blood in Urine

I am a 39 y.o male and my current condition is caracterized by:
1. inflammation of the prostate
2. inflammation of the urethra
3. reddish irritation of the gland (more serious toward the tip)
4. an slightly annoying sensation (not pain) from inside which is hard to pinpoint but seems to originate from the prostatic area
5. vivid blood in urine after sexual arousal

I suppose 1 and 4 are directly related. I have been having this sensation for many years now. Never gave it much attention though.
3 I also have had for many years. I have seen various docs about this but none gave it much attention. Tried several creams but none proved effective. I spoke to my urologist about this in Sep/07. He prescribed me an anti-fungal cream which I applied 2-3 times a week during a year. It had no effect at
all. He suggests circumcision for this problem.
2 was discovered last month.
5 happened for the first time in Sep/07. However, I have been accusing small traces of blood in my urine since at least 2004. I visited an urologist and
after many exams (ultrasounds, uro-catscan, blood and urine tests) all the doc could find was an inflammation of the prostate. In Sep/08, however, I had another incident. I went back to my doc; my blood and urine samples were once again ok, so we did an urethroscopy. During the exam we could see a small vein leaking blood and my doc commented that my urethra was quite reddish. Since this exam I have been taking medication to strenghten my small veins (rutinicê + daflon). I am set to visit my doc again in Dec. but have some questions I would like to post here beforehand. Any advice as to what to ask him is also very welcome.

Could there be any relation between 1, 2 and 3? Are there any virusses or parasites that could cause these conditions? Bacterial tests were all ok. I am considering asking my doc for a sperm and prostate fluid exam. My doc is treating the vein problem but is this not caused by the inflammation of the prostate?

Mike