Urology Community
Blood in my urine at night
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in my urine at night

At about 7.30pm yesterday I went for a wee and had a shooting pain behind my pubic bone, when I wiped there was blood with clots like a period but it was to early for my period. Later that evening it looked like I was weeing blood, I know that it wouldn't take a lot of blood to look really bad so tried to stay calm, then had to keep going to the toilet with little success but before getting to sleep I had clear urine with no visable blood but still with a cramping sensation.
The following day going to the toilet wasn't painful but did seem a little odd like there was an odd twinge when I would wee. Later that night again about 7.30 (about 24hrs from the first incident) there was a small about of blood again with the urge to urinate increased with little success.
This morning agian ihave been ok with no blood this morning, but I fear it will come back this evening. I am making sure I am drink a lot of water to try to flush my system.
The blood is bright red & there are some clots, I am just finishing a two week course of metrondazole for BV.
Any thoughts?
Hi,
How are you? What otehr symptoms are present? Blood in the urine or hematuria may be caused by a variety of issues such as  menstruation, vigorous exercise, sexual activity, viral illness, trauma, kidney stones or infection. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor and have diagnostic tests done. Urine tests, cytoscopy and imaging studies may help determine the underlying cause. This link may help: http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/hematuria/
Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank