Urology Community
Blood in my urine???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Blood in my urine???

For the past 2 weeks, I've found blood in my urine every now and again. Not every single time, maybe once or twice a day or none at all for several days. I don't feel any pain at all but the findings of blood in my urine is really unnerving. What does finding blood in my urine means?
Avatar dr m tn
If you are passing different-shaped clots in your stream, they could represent bleeding from the urethra or prostate (in men). Clots can be wormlike, and if associated with pain it could represent clots coming from your ureters(tubes from your kidneys to your bladder).

When the blood in the urine is at the beginning of urination, it most likely comes from the urethra, (the tube from the bladder to the outside). Blood throughout urination is most likely from the bladder or kidneys or ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder).

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine.Pls consult a urologist and get these investigations done.

I hope it helps.Take care and regards.

Avatar n tn
It stopped. I don't see the blood anymore, at all. I don't understand should I still consult a doctor?