Urology Community
Blood in semen?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Blood in semen?

What could be the possible cause of blood in the semen? Found little bit of blood in my boyfriend's semen but he doesn't want to see the doctor.
Avatar dr m tn
The presence of blood in the semen (ejaculate) is also called hematospermia. Blood in semen can be caused by many conditions affecting the male genitourinary system. These include infections like herpes, Chlamydia, cytomegalovirus, trichominiasis ; inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis), epididymis (epididymitis), or urethra (urethritis) ; calculi (stones )in the seminal vesicles or prostate ; polyps in the urethra ; ejaculation-duct obstructions ; cysts, hemorrhage, or other abnormalities in the seminal vesicles or benign or malignant tumors.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.