Blood in urine, no infection
Late last year I went to an emergency care facility for what I thought was a kidney infection. I was in massive amounts of pain in the lower right of my back, so bad I could barely move. It did not hurt to the touch, just internally. They found blood in my urine but no infection. I went to a urologist, they gave me some kind of xray to check for kidney stones, but found nothing. They said I may just be dehydrated. I have had off and on pain in the same area for the last 6 months. Two days ago, it started again, but worse. This time I could not even sit normally without pain in that area. I just went to my normal physician. The same thing again! No infection, but "a lot of blood in the urine". She told me that she would treat me for an infection and I would need to come back in two weeks for some more tests because it could be something serious. Help... what is going on!

Presence of visible blood clots in urine is called gross hematuria or macroscopic hematuria. This signifies any underlying medical conditions which needs investigations to confirm. Most often it is related to urinary tract problems like kidney stones, inflammation of urinary tract, prostate enlargement, renal vein thrombosis, certain kidney tumors and polycystic kidney disease, blood coagulation disorders and anticoagulants.

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.