Blood in urine, no uti
Hello
Six months ago I got a bladder infection that turned into a kidney infection, and was given antibiotics. Ever since then I have burning during urination most of the time, and urinalysis always shows a elevation in white blood cells (last time it was 10/30), but there is no infection. I had blood tests, ultrasounds and 24 hour urine tests about 4 months ago, which didn't show anything. But starting two weeks ago I saw blood once when I urinated and again three days ago. The blood is dark red and seems to be there the whole stream. I phoned my urologist, and they said it's most likely a bladder infection, but I know for sure it's not. When I get a bladder infection, I only see blood when it's really bad, and I am not in pain (other than the low grade constant burning). I can't get in to see my urologist for three weeks and I'm kind of concerned. Should I be worried and talk to my family doctor or just wait for my appointment 3 weeks away, and what could the blood mean?
If you are passing different-shaped clots in your stream, they could represent bleeding from the urethra or prostate (in men). Clots can be wormlike, and if associated with pain it could represent clots coming from your ureters(tubes from your kidneys to your bladder).

When the blood in the urine is at the beginning of urination, it most likely comes from the urethra, (the tube from the bladder to the outside). Blood throughout urination is most likely from the bladder or kidneys or ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder).

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a urologist.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.