Blood in urine. Male
Hi, in the past year I have experieneced blood in my urine 3 times. It first happened to me last august while i was on a trip and  has since happened 2 other times including today.

It happened today after i had masturbated. The reason i mention that is because right after that, about 3-5 minutes after, i had to go pee. At first nothing came out, but then a burst of very bloody pee came out continuously.  I went straight to a walk-in clinic and they took a urine sample in which it was still pretty dark. They said they could do a culture test with it and i had them do that.  My pee since the doctor's visit has been clear. The doctor did suggest that i should really consider seeing a urologist. Even though i did ask the doctor if sexual-related activity can cause such a thing, i did fail to mention what i did right before the blood came out

He aslo mentioned possibly doing a "ct-ivp" test. My problem is that the test he suggested for me to consider (called a ct-ivp) costs around $2,300 and my insurance has a $2,000 deductible. I don't want to ignore it, but at the same time 2,000 is a lot of money for me. And i already paid about $130 today.

So the questions that i have right now are

Are there other options for testing can the urologist do for me?
Can sex-related activity cause some kind of damage to produce excessive bloody urine?

thank you!
I have had blood in my urine that was wine in color. Lasted for hrs & then went away & would come back again a mth later.
No pain was associated w/ it.
I went to my urologist & he had me go in for a CT w/ ivp scan. we found kidney stones. I have a long history of stones, yet have never had blood in my urine especially as much as I was passing.
The kidney stones eventually did pass (w/in 6mths) w/out any surgery. So I was grateful
This could be the same for you. It can take a yr for a kidney stone to pass & you could have pain, no pain or w/ blood in urine or w/out.

An X-ray can easily rule out kidney stones.  They will show up on the x-ray, looking back I wished I would have just asked for x-rays b/c the CT scan was TOO expensive for me as well. My office was able to let me make payments over time so that helped.
Now the reason to do the scan is to make sure there isn't any cancer that an x-ray will miss. HTH's :)
Thank you for sharing your story. I have an appointment at a uroligist clinic tomorrow so hopefully i'll get some solid answers. Thanks!