Urology Community
Blood in urine after night of drinking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Blood in urine after night of drinking

Hi, I'm waiting for my healthcare to kick-in before I schedule an appointment, but, Sunday, after a day of heavy drinking (well, after a few days of it), I fell asleep without urinating and woke up and noticed a bit of blood in my urine. Some of it had leaked out, and then when I urinated a bit came out at the beginning. There's been no recurrence since Sunday, and urine function is normal since then (I only drink on the weekends, so I can't help but think that heavy binge drinking on little food played some havoc with my system).  I've definitely made myself paranoid. I'm a fairly heavy social drinker so I'm sure my kidneys and liver aren't in the best of shape, but I
m not an everyday drinker and drink plenty of juices, cleansers and water. Saturday I was also drinking a lot of red liquor shots and what have you. This is the first time this has ever happened. There's no pain when I urinate. My testicles were bruised a few days prior during a sexual encounter, however.  

I'm 32, 5'6, 130. I do have Crohn's disease, which I manage with exercise and diet and which, generally, is not a problem.

I'm going to go in for a check-up after April 1, but I was curious about possible causes or things I should look for. I think I'm making myself sicker with worrying about it. Should I assume cancer? Should I wait for another recurrence before I start to panic? Thanks for the help!