Urology Community
Blood in urine after sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Blood in urine after sex

I was passing blood in urine after sex for over two years. The doctor had done cystoscopy and found nothing. The blood would form clot and it used to be atleast 50% of the urine. The blood reduces in the next time I urinate and clears up by the third of fourth time. The doctors (urologists) were perplexed and seemed to be clueless. I was told that it would go by itself which obviously did not happen. Later I was given Avodart hoping that it would work. But Avodart reduced my libido for some time but did not have any effect. I had been to Mumbai in India and had consulted a doctor for throat infection. He had subscribed Tetracycline for a week. I found that after this antibiotic the blood in urine had stopped. It however came back in two months time. I talked to my doctor here (US) and requested to prescribe Tetracycline. I was told to take 250mg Tetracycline 4 times a day for three weeks. This cured the problem and I am free of this problem now for the past 6+ months. It is interesting to note that the urologists had always taken urine sample during each of the visit and found no infection. It was just my luck that I had throat infection in Mumbai.  

This discussion is related to Re: Gross Blood and clots in urine after sexual intercourse..
0%
 (0) 
a
0%
 (0) 
b
0 Members voted

I have similar issues, are you still free of blood and blood clots since the tetracycline?