Urology Community
Blood in urine after sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Blood in urine after sex

My gf urinate blood after we are having sex... for couple of days... now it looks like she is back to normal, but everytime she had a urine test, the result still shows that there is still a small amount of blood. It has been happening for about 10 years now and I am start to worry now... hope this isnt too late? :(
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Blood in urine or hematuria can be due to infections of the kidney/bladder, disorders of the kidney/bladder, certain blood disorders, strenuous exercise and certain medications. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. He may do tests like urine analysis, blood tests, X rays, ultrasonography, CT scan and sometimes cystoscopy to detect the cause for painless hematuria.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Do you think this is too late for her? after 10 years happening? I am really worried and she wont be able to see the doctor soon...
I will ask her to re-take urine test again for the latest result... Please let me know what tests should she do? what is the expected value to determine that she is okay...

Avatar_dr_m_tn
Urine test includes a complete urine examination which looks out for presence of RBC’s and pus cells in the urine. Other tests which I have mentioned also need to be done to look out for any changes in the urethra.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I also heard that catheter and cystoscopy will have negative impact and might possibly make the urethra bleed, inflamed and also infected even more. Is this procedure safe?

And by the look of the symptoms that I had provided, is she in a great danger? (8 years after this is all happening). Is it still treatable?

Also, from your comment above, is that means that she need to do the complete urine examination first, and if the result is back to normal she doesnt need to take another test?

Please answer my question... it means a lot, thanks