Blood in urine and pain in urethra
I am a 50 year old male with recurring blood in my urine and pain in my urethra.  I have no other pain (kidneys, groin) and no changes in frequency of urination or difficulty urinating.  No urinary urgency.  No bacteria (even after culturing for several days) or blood detected in urine, normal PSA.  Urine cytology was negative.  Prostate was deemed normal during digital exam by both primary care physician and urologist.  Urologist performed cytoscopy and tissue biopsy.  Biopsy was negative.  No strictures or prostate enlargement evident.  Bladder appeared normal.  No blood appeared to be entering bladder through ureters.  There was a streak of blood in the urethra just at the beginning of the cytoscopy.  I passed blood and clots for the remainder of the day after the cytoscopy but then blood and pain stopped.  I have since had a contrast CT of my kidneys (no results yet) and one week after the cytoscopy, the pain and blood have started again.  I would appreciate any thoughts as to what this might be.
Could be a sign of diabetes.
On second thought,it could also be a uti.Yes it happens in men too.
In what way could it be a sign of diabetes?