Blood in urine one time
I am a generally healthy 38 year male.  Went to bed one night with a bloody nose and swallowed a fair amount of blood trying to stop the nose bleed.  Woke up several times in middle of night with erection.  In the morning, I had blood color in urine.  Went to doctor and urine sample was negative, a battery of blood work came back negative, as were a chest XRAY and ct scan with and w/o contrast.  Went to urologist and urine sample negative as was bladder scan and digital prostate exam.  Urologist wants to perform a cystoscopy - seems like overkill as nothing has showed up and it only happened once.  All they do in this parts is a rigid cystoscopy and it seems like a lot of hassle if nothing else has shown any problem - could swallowing blood, working out after a prolonged absence, and a prolonged erection have caused a one time incident?  Thanks...
Blood in the urine can present in one of two ways: gross hematuria (blood that you can see in the urine), and microscopic hematuria (blood that is only seen when the urine is examined under a microscope). Both types can have serious causes. If you are passing different-shaped clots in your stream, they could represent bleeding from the urethra or prostate (in men). Clots can be wormlike, and if associated with pain it could represent clots coming from your ureters(tubes from your kidneys to your bladder).

Since it was only one episode, nothing is to be done as the tests are clear. If the repeat happens, then diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.