Blood on tissue after urinating
Am seeing blood on tissue after urinating.  Went to urgent care ctr provided urine sample. On trip in RV away from home in Ohio with plans to go South.  Had Cipro 500mg w/me just in case this happened as have had UTIs in the past but never any blood. I will take all 20 pills. Have no pain at this time.  Am scheduled to return to care ctr on 11/29/10.  Have hadtrouble with stomach and getting enough rest/sleep. I hate to have this happen away from home with plans to go traveling.  Ironically, I got sick last yr at this same time when traveling and returned home to go my doctor to have a lesion removed form my upper arm and also left a urine sample which turned out to be an Ecoli infection resulting in getting on Cipro then.  Like I said this time there is small amount of blood ontissue now. I have a blasie feeling in my head and feel tired a lot which could be related but I am post-polio syndrome at age 70.
If you are passing different-shaped clots in your stream, they could represent bleeding from the urethra or prostate (in men). Clots can be wormlike, and if associated with pain it could represent clots coming from your ureters(tubes from your kidneys to your bladder).

When the blood in the urine is at the beginning of urination, it most likely comes from the urethra, (the tube from the bladder to the outside). Blood throughout urination is most likely from the bladder or kidneys or ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder).

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.
You need to consult a urologist as all these possibilities also need to be ruled out one by one. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.