Urology Community
Blood/protein/leukocytes in urine no infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have had the above for about one month, but symptoms were occuring for about a month before testing. Several dip tests showed them, with no 'normal' tests inbetween.

I am awaiting a cystoscopy (3 weeks time) but am naturally worried, as I have excluded 'minor' causes that I am aware of, (2 samples showed no infection, it was treated blind with co-amoxiclav while awaiting 1st result, no strenuous exercise, am male, 47 years old) and all I seem to have left are more serious causes.

Symptoms are a continual lower abdominal discomfort (only minor pain and rare) upper abdominal distension which seems to worsen as the day progresses, and a lot of indigestion/heartburn. No pain or dscomfort from the penis on micturition. Frequency has increased, amount passing ranging from small to nromal. I have had some sharp but minor pains from what feels like my right kidney area, but not painful enough for my understanding of kidney stones etc.

I am a nurse, although knowledge in this are probably falls into 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing' catagory, I mention this as I am aware I could be reading too much into things.

My main question therefore, while I realise cancer/kidney disease etc can't be excluded, is are there any less worrying causes that I haven't considered?

Thank you in advance for any replies,

Michael

Sorry for the shameless bump, but still floundering here!
It has been a very long time since you wrote... I wish I could contact you know to find out what you learned.
I am having very similar symptoms and I too work in the medical field. If you read this please let me know what you found to be wronge. I go the urologist in two days to start the process of figuring this one out.
I would love to know the outcome! I have the same exact problem, and have been going thru bs for months. I even lost my job due to the pain.
I too would love to know..I have had ongoing problems for 2 years,with similar symptoms..only I am female.Gynaecological problems have been ruled out,I am now seeing a urologist and waiting a cystoscopy..its very worrying when i have recurring symptoms,groin,pelvic and back pain is awful,but urine samples come back clear from infection...I am aware of bladder cancer also,but as Im only 40 have been told its not likely...however, there must be some reason for my pain..
Sorry to hear of your problem.  Hope you get sorted out soon.
Have you had the results of your cystoscopy yet and know your results?

I am a 60 year old female and at the age of 39 had to have my kidney stone removed that had got stuck in the ureter (tube leading from the kidney down to the bladder).  My first symptoms appeared as pins and needles in my feet and a puffiness under one eye.  Symptoms then progressed to the pains you describe and pain in the back just under the ribcage as well as wind like pains in the lower abdomen - renal colic.  When the stone did not move I experienced no symptoms.  Shows up on xray (depending on size) and ultrasound.  At its worst, there were other symptoms and no relief from pain even when taking pethadine.

Other causes of pelvic and groin pain (without urinary problems) can be radiating from the spine and or hips.  

I have suffered for the last few years with terrible groin and pelvic pain with lower belly pains, it becomes unbearable to stand and walk for too long.   Xrays showed osteoarthritis in the hips.  Pulling down in the groin area and numbness on my outer thigh with loss of feeling was diagnosed as meralgia parasthetica.  

Only a thorough examination will get to the bottom of the problem.
Would love to know that you are now sorted and what it is/was.
  I also have had blood, leukocytes, protein in my urine for 2 wks.  No pain, no problems, just multistic showing all these abnormal results.  Urine culture results normal, no growth.  I have treated with Bactium and then Cipro.  Not sure if I should make a fuss or start to ask for diagnostic tests.  Please if anyone has got a diagnosis could you comment on this,  or does it just go away.