Urology Community
Blood when wiping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Blood when wiping

After using the bathroom, I've found that I'm wiping away a little blood.  It does not happen all the time I have stools, but perhaps half of the time.  It also seems to only appear when I wipe and not in the stools themself.  There has not been any pain really since it started happening about a month ago, but it does not feel normal.  I am a young male, so I am concerned since I dont know what it could be.
Tags: Blood
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Does this happen 100% of the time?

Is this usually associated with constipation?

Any changes in bowel movement lately ( like changes in the size,consistency  and color of the stools)?

Any abdominal pain or pain in the groin area?

Are these spots of fresh blood or do they appear as dark brown stains?

I will be expecting your answers.
No it doesnt happen all the time but maybe twice a week. I wasnt constipated and the stools looked normal too.  There is no abdominal or groin pain.  The blood also appears to be fresh. Thanks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I suggest that you seek consult with an internist. One differential will be hemorrhoids.Bleeding disorders and intestinal disorders have to be ruled out.
I suggest a thorough evaluation so you may be properly managed.

Drink adequate amount of water everyday.Add fruits and vegetables and lots of fiber in the diet. Exercise regularly to improve circulation.

Any changes in urinary patterns?