Urology Community
Blood when wiping
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood when wiping

After using the bathroom, I've found that I'm wiping away a little blood.  It does not happen all the time I have stools, but perhaps half of the time.  It also seems to only appear when I wipe and not in the stools themself.  There has not been any pain really since it started happening about a month ago, but it does not feel normal.  I am a young male, so I am concerned since I dont know what it could be.
Tags: Blood
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

Does this happen 100% of the time?

Is this usually associated with constipation?

Any changes in bowel movement lately ( like changes in the size,consistency  and color of the stools)?

Any abdominal pain or pain in the groin area?

Are these spots of fresh blood or do they appear as dark brown stains?

I will be expecting your answers.
Blank
No it doesnt happen all the time but maybe twice a week. I wasnt constipated and the stools looked normal too.  There is no abdominal or groin pain.  The blood also appears to be fresh. Thanks.
Blank
Hi,

I suggest that you seek consult with an internist. One differential will be hemorrhoids.Bleeding disorders and intestinal disorders have to be ruled out.
I suggest a thorough evaluation so you may be properly managed.

Drink adequate amount of water everyday.Add fruits and vegetables and lots of fiber in the diet. Exercise regularly to improve circulation.

Any changes in urinary patterns?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank