Urology Expert Forum
Broken Testicle?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Broken Testicle?

Hi Doc:

I was diagnosed with Epididymitis last April.  I took 10 days of dyxoxcycline and it didn't go away.  The problem got worse and I lost my libido, got weak erections and very low ejacualte volumes; over 3 months,so I was sent to a urologist who confirmed the diagnosis of epididymitis and gave me 10 days of Keflex.  The pain went away in about 2 weeks and my sexual health( erections, ejaculate, etc.) got back to normal.  The pain came back (to a lesser degree) over the next 2 months.  The urologist then put me on 4 weeks of dyxocycline.  In Dec., I was diagnosed infection free.  Over time I have gotten better.My epidiymis is no longer sore but oddly enough I have lingering testicular pain.  My erections and libido are weak and ejaculate volume is low.

Sorry this is so long but my question is regarding my testicle flipping over alot.  My right ( previously infected) testicle keeps flipping over.  This causes pain.  The testicle hangs much higher than the left healthy testicle.  It also seems a bit out of place.  Comparing the two, it seems my right testicle is missing some "wiring" near the bottom and has a mass of tissue at the head of the epididymis.

Is it normal for a testcile to keep flipping upside down? Is it possible the tissue and vessels are torn?  Is there any way to fix this( rest, abstinence, surgery)?  Your thoughts are very welcomed.

Thank you