Brown mucus strand when urinating, then nothing.
This morning, when I got up to urinate, I urinated a little and noticed a brown strand in the toilet (Note: It could have been there in the toilet prior) I poked at it with a knife, and it kind of broke up. I have no burning when urinating, no fever, etc. I did exercise extensively yesterday, without proper hydration; infact the only thing I did drink was iced tea (brown..). Later this morning I hydrated myself A LOT, with water, did not notice any more strands, etc. Just hydrated colored urine. Any advice on this would be helpful, thank you.
see your doctor NOW. I had the same thing but with pain.waited before taking medical advice.
I am now waiting for the result of bladder biopsy and removal of tumor.

Exercise and decreased water intake combined together could be the cause of your symptoms. Do not panic and if you are ok now you need not visit the doctor.

As an at-home treatment, increased water-intake, frequent voiding, the avoidance of sugars and sugary foods, drinking unsweetened cranberry juice, taking cranberry supplements, as well as taking vitamin C with the last meal of the day can shorten the time duration of the infection. Avoid coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks containing citrus juices and caffeine until your infection has cleared.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you may need any more information.

Best regards