Bruised prostate?
I've been trying to follow the Stanford/Wise-Anderson protocol of physical therapy and relaxation for my chronic pelvic pain syndrome/prostatitis. I think I did my internal work too vigorously at the wrong angle and hurt my prostate. Now there's a constant dull ache in the perineum that feels like urgency. Even though I have "prostatitis," this is a new and very annoying symptom for me. My Uro suspects I bruised my prostate, but he's not familiar with physical therapy for CPPS. Anyone have any experience with this?
In view of the symptoms, you’ve described, the symptoms of the prosatitis shouldn’t have been worsened by the relaxation exercise protocol of the Standford/Wise-Anderson and could be an acute attack of prostatitis. However, there’s no harm in stopping the exercises for a few weeks and waiting for some time. If there’s an improvement in the symptoms, there’s a possibility of these exercises being the culprit. Otherwise, it may not be the case and you should then consult another urologist for the same for the confirmation & further treatment. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
The relaxation component is wonderful and I have been continuing with it. However, the injury I'm worried I might have inflicted on myself came from an attempt at internal trigger-point therapy, i.e. finding and pressing on a painful spot for 90 seconds via the rectum. I suspect my "painful spot" was my prostate or membranous urethra. The pain and urgency are still there, though not every hour of every day. Sometimes it feels like I'm being stabbed with a red-hot poker, sometimes like I just need to pee and can't. I've seen another urologist, and he said he had no idea. :/ I don't know where to go from here. For symptoms to suddenly change dramatically after seven years, and after poking myself pretty hard in a certain spot, seems suspicious. I was previously getting by okay, now I can't do anything but live in the bathroom.

Do you think Azo/Pyridium would help? Do you think I should lobby for an MRI/X-ray/Ultrasound?
I would like to know, other than his possible setback, how this protocol has worked for you?  I am intrigued.  
I would call this more than a possible setback. This has been life-shattering. I assume the protocol works well for people if you do it correctly, but this was the first time I tried to do self-therapy, so for me it's worked dismally.
I've gone through physical therapy for prostatitis, and am familiar with this book.  I couldn't imagine doing trigger point myself, getting to right spot.  Now I'm focused on relaxation and exercises I was given.  Though, my advice, if your doctor can find you a good PT to visit.  They would cover pelvic floor therapy, if for anything advice on what happened and on how to manage pain.  I got more from my PT than 4 Dr's could do, saw spine and GP Dr along the way, had terrible low back pain before symptoms.  Plus my PT knew specialists around, though required traveling.  I think Dr's go as far as they're knowledge, the nurse at practice did calling around on who saw men for prostatitis, though I'm in a large city.