Urology Community
Bruising/dryness around peanis head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Bruising/dryness around peanis head

7679484?1329161407
I am 26 years old. Been sexually active since the last 10 years. My penis got bruised during the first year of being sexually active. It went away after a few months I started wearing condoms. Now after almost 10 years I am having the same problem. The area is always dry and if not lubricated properly the bruise opens up. Been having this problem since a year & a half. It is affecting my sex life. I am uploading pictures for better understanding. Waiting for a solution. Thanks  
Avatar_dr_m_tn
For such bruising of penis, use KY jelly during intercourse. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments.Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a urologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you Dr, Singh for your reply. I will consult a urologist at the earliest.

Will keep you updates. Thanks.