Urology Expert Forum
Bubbly Urine in the morning???

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Bubbly Urine in the morning???

Doc,

In the mornings I seem to have real yellow bubbly urine. Soapy looking. I went to the Hospital a few months back for the same issues and was told kidneys were fine. Urine tests showed proteins -'NEGATIVE', while (BUN) was '6'. etc... Anyway I drink alot of water on a daily basis and the bubbles go away after the first morning urination. Is it from my 'acid reflux' or 'prostatitis'?  What is going on here?????

AM
Bubbly or frothy urine may be indicative of protein and subsequently kidney disease - specifically nephrotic syndrome.  The urinalysis is not the most accurate test for urine protein - you may want to consider a 24-hr protein collection as well as further tests for the kidneys - including a creatinine and kidney ultrasound.

If those tests are negative, this can be followed closely by your primary care physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
0
0