Urology Community
Bulging Vein in Penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Bulging Vein in Penis

About 6 months ago I noticed that my Vein in my Penis has gotten much bigger, Like 2x its normal size.
It doesnt hurt but is alarming..I use a laptop for work about 6 hours a day....Could this be a reason?
Or is this  nothing to worry about.

Thanks for writing in. Bulge in the vein that runs along the shaft of the penis is absolutely normal and mostly visible when erect or after orgasm. But if you have any other symptoms like pain, erectile dysfunction etc, then  you need to see a urologist for work up for any injury or thrombosis of the penile vein.
Best.
Avatar n tn
thank you for the reply, I understand it is normal, however what must not be normal is the  increase in size of the vein the past few months....could it be clogged or something?
      Thanks for writing in. Bulge in penile vein when erect without pain are considered normal.
If it was a clogged vein, then it could have caused a lot of pain.
If this still bothers you, then you should see a urologist for further examination and work up.
Best.