Urology Expert Forum
Bump on penis after rough sex

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Bump on penis after rough sex

My spouse and I had 5-6 hours of rigorous sex on saturday night. During the session my penis started to get sore and the skin raw but it was pleasurable none the less. But as the time went by she noticed a small bump form on the top of the penis just behind the glans (glands). Last night we played again and the lump returned during my erection and dissappeared when I went soft but if I feel around when soft I can feel it in inside my penis. Is this some sort of clot in the vein? Should I call my doctor or will this go away on its own? Should I be concerned? We were pretty rough on Saturday as on Sunday there was some skin peeling from my penis.  There is no pain and it just mostly gives me the creeps.  Could these be a thrombosed vein or a trauma to the penis?  Should I call my doctor? One person suggested ibuprofen.

Tags: penis, lesion
Hello - thanks for asking your question.

Without seeing the lesion, it is impossible to say what it is.

It can possibly be trauma from the intercourse that is causing the bump.  Other possibilities may include an STD such as herpes.  

I would definitely have this looked at by a physician.  Depending on what it looks like, your physician may want to do tests for STDs (i.e. gonorrohea/chlamydia) or treat for a dermatitis.  

Again, without seeing the lesion myself, I cannot be more specific.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.