Burning Scrotum
I went to the doctor about 2-weeks ago and I was having problem with burning when urinating. He had prescribe an antibotic and I also noticed a small rash on my groin area which they prescribed Clotrimazole and the rash is almost gone.

I am experiencing a burning and discromfort in my scrotum, but I do not have any other symptoms.

What could this be?
Infectious causes would be the most likely possibility.  This can include epididymitis or prostatitis.  Each of these disorders should be evaluated for.

Epididymitis should be evaluated for by a urinalysis and tests for STDs such as gonorrhea and chlamydia.  A scrotal ultrasound can also be considered to evaluate for this.

Prostatitis should be examined for via a digital rectal exam - possibly extruding prostatic fluid for analysis.  If negative, you may want to consider a transrectal ultrasound to evaluate whether an abscess is present.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.