Urology Expert Forum
Burning While urinating

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Burning While urinating

I am having a burning pain while urinating.  The pain comes and goes.  For example I will have the burning sensation for about three days then it goes away for a day and then comes back.  I have been tested for Chlamydia and gonorrhea.  both came back negative.  I was given Azithromycin six days ago.
Not to open a dialogue, but there are a few things to consider and discuss with your urologist. Are you experiencing urgency to urinate? frequency of urination? lower abdominal pain? bloating? back pain that is always on the same side? These may be associated with your intermittent burning and may go along with a kidney stone. Often the burning associated with a kidney stone will continue for a few momments after you cease urinating.  Also, is your discomfort related to any spices or medications? Sexual activity (including masturbation)? These are mechanical/chemical issues and can obviously easily be corrected.
You need to be seen by a specialist (urologist) if the problem is not resolving.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
No other pain except while urinating, no real change in frequency or urgency.  But when I drink lots of water and have to urinate often, the urine is clear, the pain goes away,