Urology Community
Burning after urination
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Burning after urination

About a month ago I had a burning sensation while I was urinating in the tip of my penis.  Afterwards there was blood coming out.  I went to the doctor and he prescribed me some antibiotics and a urine test (for chlymedia and gonnareah [spelling?]) for when I was done the antibiotcs.  I felt tired and sore, like I had a cold for the first few days of the antibiotics.  The blood and burning went away almost immediatly after I started the antibiotics.  Today the burning sensation came back along with blood after I finished urinating.  I don't quite know what to do about this.  My last sexual encouter was 4 years ago.

I have recently moved, about 2300 miles, from home and I am enrolled in a college program that is rather high stress.  I have been stressed out recently and my diet has be rather poor, even for a college student.  I haven't slept very well and I had to resort to energy drinks to keep up.  I plan on seeing a doctor in the next couple of days, I have a lot of work to catch up on.  Could the stress and poor diet contribute to something like this?