Urology Community
Burning after urination

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Burning after urination

About a month ago I had a burning sensation while I was urinating in the tip of my penis.  Afterwards there was blood coming out.  I went to the doctor and he prescribed me some antibiotics and a urine test (for chlymedia and gonnareah [spelling?]) for when I was done the antibiotcs.  I felt tired and sore, like I had a cold for the first few days of the antibiotics.  The blood and burning went away almost immediatly after I started the antibiotics.  Today the burning sensation came back along with blood after I finished urinating.  I don't quite know what to do about this.  My last sexual encouter was 4 years ago.

I have recently moved, about 2300 miles, from home and I am enrolled in a college program that is rather high stress.  I have been stressed out recently and my diet has be rather poor, even for a college student.  I haven't slept very well and I had to resort to energy drinks to keep up.  I plan on seeing a doctor in the next couple of days, I have a lot of work to catch up on.  Could the stress and poor diet contribute to something like this?
I have also noticed a slight numbness in my penis and a little discomfort just a little inwards from the base of my penis
similar to me. after a course of antibiotcs i had to go back in for a stronger one. blood in urine is usually associated with a kidney infection or bad UTI. you should do what i do, skip the "regular" doctor, and go to a urologist