Urology Community
Burning sensation in urinary tract

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Burning sensation in urinary tract

I am 41, and have been experience a slight burning sensation in the urinary tract. I went to an Urologist sometime back and had some tests done. Nothing came out of the tests and the urine was clean of any bacteria. I also have a sensation of some fluid (like semen) coming sometimes slowly out of the urinary tract and I could see sometimes a spot on my underwear. For last couple of days I have a slight strain between my urnary tract and anus. I have hemorrhoid on my anus, which gives me trouble once in a while. I have consulted surgeon about it and he advised me not to operate it as it is not serious.

Could you please advise me what could be the disease and what should I do next?

Many thanks
Prem323

Avatar_dr_f_tn

I do understand your concern. Urine analysis may not present with any bacteria in cases wherein prior antibiotics have been taken. Results of urine culture may also be affected when antibiotics have been administered. There are cases though wherein an infection may not be present. The pain may be inflammatory in nature. This may be due to mild irritation brought about by external irritants as well chemicals found in urine.

I would suggest for a prostate examination also. Analysis of prostate secretions will be able to help ascertain if a prostatic infection is contributory to your symptoms.

Hi Vanessa,

As you suggested I went to the doctor and got checked. I had blood and urine tests yesterday, and had an ultra sound test of the prostrate as well. The urine and blood culture results will come in next couple of days. So far there is nothing detected except the doctor detected a small amount of urine left remained in the bladder after urination. In other words, the bladder was not emptied and about 14 cc of urine was left behind. Could this cause infection? Is it something serious?

I am taking some antibiotics now, and will see the doctor hopefully again on 6 August. Your advice on the matter meanwhile would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for your advice and support.

Best regards,