Urology Community
Burst blood vessel??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Burst blood vessel??

Last night, i was doing a supposed penis enlargemant technique called "jelquing".  Suddenly i looked down and on the left side of my shaft, it appeared that my dorsal vein had burst and created a blue lump the size of a piece of corn under my skin.  Immediately ice packed it and this morning the swelling has gone down, however it looks heavily bruised. I have been able to have an erection without problems and there is no pain as such.  Will this just go in time? Do i need to seek medical attention or have i just overdone it?  Has anyone ever had this problem? It can only be described as a burst blood vessel, no popping or anything like that. I'm absolutely brickin it at the moment and would appreciate any advice.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I suggest that you have this assessed by your urologist.This discoloration may indeed be a hematoma given your significant history of trauma. A penile ultrasound may be done to check the extent of involvement.This is important since hematoma formation may require surgical intervention when severe and when major blood vessels are involved.

For some cases,this may not be very urgent.The hematoma may resolve spontaneously over time. However, I still suggest that you have this assessed by a urologist for appropriate management.
I have now 2 dealt hard hematomas. one where the testis was. the other up the channel and below the incution?
myurologist said that this will subside by itself.
any suggestions?