CKD3/Diabetes and Heart Cath - possible Renal Aorta Stenosis
I have had diabetes for 21 years.  I am type 1 and 2.  About 4 years ago I started having problems with high blood pressure - which I had never had before.  My kidneys were tested constantly and never anything for concern.  I had back surgery and when I woke up in recovery - I had high blood pressure.  It has not gone away.  I joined a gym.  I would be working out and my pulse rate would go from 111 and drop to 44.  I would almost pass out.  I went to doctor and NOW I am a stage 3 CKD!  I used to have a strong heart and now I have minor heart disease - was put in ICU for 2 days and had a heart cath done.  Went in for a follow-up stress test and while on the tread mill my blood pressure started dropping again.  The Dr said "that's not right" and had the nurse re-check manually.  My blood pressur was dropping while my puse rate was going up.  They were going to do a test for Renal Aretery Stenosis (?) but then changed to not doing anything because my creatin count is yet worse again.  Dr.s office just called and said creatin has gone from 1.6 before the heart cath to a 1.8 and they are not doing any more testing because now the doctor does not think it is Renal Artery Stenosis and just changing my meds.  I STILL am not able to work out without falling out.  I used to roller blade and run with my kids.  I have never had high cholesterol.  Now I have all these health issues at one time.  Please advise what the drop in b/p and/or pulse could be.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include hypertension autonomic neuropathy (secondary to diabetes), hypertension secondary to renal disease, cardiac/ heart related causes, renal complications etc, though this does not typically sound like a renal artery stenosis, the possibility may still need to be considered. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by an internist and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!