Urology Community
CMG test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

CMG test

i had a cmg test done today and the nusre told me it was the worst case of bladder spasm that she has ever seen and brought in other medical staff to see this they have put me on vesicare tablets 10 mg and i am wondering if there is anything else can be done i am worried in case it means i need to be catherterised because of this how likely is this ?
Avatar dr m tn
The bladder spasms can make the bladder wall contract even before the bladder is completely full making the patient visit the toilet frequently. The muscle relaxants like vesicare are used for the treatment. However other methods can also be used like avoiding drinking things that act as bladder irritants such as sodas, alcohol or coffee. In some patients, electrical stimulation is applied to the nerves controlling spasms to make them relax. Bladder training can also be utilized to help teach your bladder when it is and is not acceptable to release urine. Pelvic floor or kegel exercises also help in improving the strength of the pelvic floor muscles and thus improving the bladder control. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Avatar n tn
thankyou so much i feel much better now that i know that my bladder can be fixed thanks again