Urology Community
CPPS (Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

CPPS (Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome)

Hi all this is my first post so apologies if I ramble a little:

I'm 29 years old, a UK resident and have been suffering with a groin/abdominal/pelvic "problem" since I was 13/14. Over this 15 year period I have undergone dilation of the urethrea, a CT scan, 3 cameras in the bladder, 3 MRI's and countless X-rays/tests but no signficant damage or disease has been apparent (accept for the stricture in the urethrea). Early on they diagnosed prostatitis and was treated with several doses of antibiotics (I don't think any urine/semen cultures actually identified any bacteria present though). My current problems include IBS symptoms (wind/bloating etc), pain at the top of the right groin (feels like someone is pressing down on it), abdominal muscle spams, "tense/stiff" groin/abdominal muscles, lower back pain and variations of this pain after ejaculation (I have never been able to ejaculate more than once or twice a week).

I have seen countless consultants from a wide range of fields and the best they can come up with is IBS and that as I'm a natural worrier I'm making the problems worse.... After searching the web I discovered a forum dedicated to CPPS and I decided to seek physiotherapist advice in case it was a muscular/skeletal problem. However I have had 2 different physio opinions - one believes the problem relates to the earlier prostatitis and over-tensing of this region. Since I've been pretty much inactive over the past 7 or years (I was very active in my teens playing sports etc), she suggested that the muscles have weakened (pelvic, abdominal etc)and become unstable and that I should see improvements through strengthening them with exercise. The other believes that issue could be something like Gilmore's groin or a compression issue involving the inguinal canal and suggested that I seek specialist advice in London.

Now after many years and countless diagnosis and advice I'm at a loss what to do next as despite continaul reassurance there is nothing significantly wrong with me I'm still in daily pain and discomfort. I am really concerned that there is some sort of abdominal/ groin injury/"damage as not only do I get the pain but the right testicle has a variocele and thickend spermatic cord (which may or may not be indicative of a problem with the inguinal canal). I've been told elsewhere that a varicoele on the right side my be indicative of a kidney problem and this may account for my dehydration problems and high body heat. Is this likely?

Anyone here experienced similiar problems to mine or know someone who has? Should I seek specialist advice further afield with regards to the inguinal canal angle?

Any comments would be appreciated.

R

Anyone? I'm particualrly concerned about the varicoele in the right testicle which I believe is much rarer than the left hand side. Would this and possible thickening of the spermatic cord indicate a problem with the iguinal canal?
I know it's been a LONG time since you first posted this, but my situation is similar to yours....thinking you have something major but docs not finding anything. It is scary, but the longer I go I think it may be CPPS. I too have IBS and I don't think it's by chance that you and I are experiencing the same thing. If you get this and want to talk more, just respond to my post and we can talk further and see how much more common symptoms we have.

Good luck!
I too have the same kind of problem. I think I have IBS because I'm always constipated, and I have constant abdominal and back pain along with pain in the pelvic area. The doctor diagnosed me with CPPS but not sure on the IBS part. Did a bladder test and I was found to be completely emptying out my bladder after urination but it didnt feel like it. I think I have a kidney problem because I keep getting dull achy pains where the kidney is located on the left side of the back.